Saturday, 12 January 2013

A little prayer...

Hello my friends! I've been quiet this week. It has been that kinda week, so much to do, so few hours, enough days and nothing's going right. And Friday was particularly bad because we lost our turtle. I'll tell you about it when I'm less distraught.

I made this card late last night...and it made me feel better. In the wee hours as I sat alone in my craft room, quiet, peaceful (except for Rosie's somnolent snoring), these words from this week's Word Art Wednesday #62 resonated in me. For me it's more than just about having a clean heart, but also about learning to let go, to empty ourselves of every thought, every feeling - good and bad - and to surrender it all to Him. That's not an easy thing to do. It really is a test of faith and I tried. Over analysing is never a good thing. So I switched off the lights, said my prayers, went to bed and found my place in Rosie's nocturnal choir.


The paper is from Pink Paislee's "Spring Jubilee" 6x6 pad. 

I cut the heart out with Nellie Snellen's Heart die, and made a window show the verse inside. I also fussy cut around the bird and part of the twig.

Very few embellishment: some twine and a little row of pale blue bling.

On the inside, I used another paper Spring Jubilee and layered  the verse on more die-cuts. 



Ideas and inspiration for this card came from Twist of Faith #19 - sketch; Word Art Wednesday #62 "Hearts / Anything Goes"; Colour Throwdown #224 - coloursInkspirational Challenge #2 - photo and Moxi Fab World #60 "Make a Card with a Window".






There you have it, my friends. I hope you have great weekend. The sun is shining here (for a change!) and we've got a diver's party to go to later. I have been reliably informed that the dessert table will not disappoint. We have much to be thankful for. See you soon!  (FYI - Rosie is our canine songstress.)

Beijinhos!

Blogged to:
Apple tart, coffee and

21 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Asha! I love what you have done with this week's word art file, and am SO grateful for your sweet fellowship and participation in our challenges. Your art is always a treat!
    I did also see a challenge at moxiefabworld that calls for "making a window in your card" if you are interested. This card is too pretty not to share with the world! Great job, and thanks again for playing along with us. I hope to see you again soon, and have a very blessed week in the Lord!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha, i love what you did to this card..the inside and the window and the bird..just everything! Thank you for sharing your talent at Twist of Faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you joined us at Inkspirational Asha but so sad to hear your news. I love the little bird and how you fussy cut the branch an love the heart/sentiment design. Hope the desserts made you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, I am so sad to hear that you had a rough week. :( If I was there, I would give you a HUG!!! I just LOVE this gorgeous card you've created, though! The use of the patterned paper and the fussy cutting/die cutting is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! LOVE this beautiful creation--you're so talented, friend! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Inkspirational! Hope you join us again next week--I can't wait to see what you'll create for us next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha - so sorry you lost your turtle. Its always sad losing a pet. Your card is beautiful and love all the details - stunning. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Asha I am so sorry to hear about your turtle. When you are feeling up to it I would love to see some pictures of him. You know where I am if you want to off load honey. Gorgeous card and the words are beautiful. Big hugs and loads of love my friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Turtle I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet, your words are so heartfelt. I adore this gorgeous card that you have made the aperture and sentiment look super.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Asha! I love the window and especially how the bird overlaps. Beautiful verse/sentiment choice! So glad you played at Inkspirational. Hope next week looks up for you!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. My condolences concerning your turtle. Your card is very beautiful. I hope making it gave you some comfort. Thanks or joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a darling card - I just love it very much! You did a wonderful job on your creation! Someday you will see your turtle in heaven - Thank you for entering the Twist of Faith card challenge this week - I wish you the best on winning the prize - come back again next week! Enjoy your day! Gail Scott DT Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Twist of Faith Cards. You've shared a wonderful scripture!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Asha, I'm sorry to hear you lost another pet!!
    Your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Our pets become a true member of our families. This card you created is absolutely gorgeous. The delicate colors combined with the die/fussy cutting showcase that verse so beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way the bird overlaps into the heart aperture...and the decorated inside. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha,
    It is very sad when a pet leaves us. I'm sorry about your Turtle. Your card is very beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    May the Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, your card is beautiful!!! Love how you created the window for the scripture. I'm so sorry to hear about your turtle but I am glad that creating the card made you feel better. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear about your loss, I lost one of my cats last week. Pets really become fullworthy familymembers...
    Your card is just stunning, beautiful and perfect! Love the fussy cut around the bird/branch, the heartshaped window and EVERYTHING! Well done Asha :) Thanks for playing with Inkspirational this week, hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asha, this is so pretty, soft, feminine and just downright gorgeous! The heart window and fussy cut bird are perfect touches!

    So sorry to hear about your turtle.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful - I just love the Bible verse you used!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sorry about your turtle Asha~I pray there will be peace about him. Peace is truly a gift, isn't it? We suddenly lost my daughter's guinea pig right before Christmas and it was very upsetting-I can relate to the emotional upset for sure.
    I love your beautiful creation...it's a lovely expression of your hope!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Asha! Thanks for linking this up to the Make a Card with a Window Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...