Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Ahoy Matey!

Ahoy there, my friends! We're half way through the week and I've had enough. No, seriously. I want my weekend and I want it now! ...Oh well, looks like I'll have to work my way to the weekend...the good ol' fashioned way. Tantrums never did me any good, anyway.

We've got a nautical themed party to look forward to on Saturday. It's a birthday of a 14 year old diver from a family of divers. When not diving they're surfing, even in this weather when it's freezing cold. I don't understand. All I want to do is hug my hot-water bottle ... not a surf-board.

For my card, I've taken the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches #180ColourQ #171 "Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Basic Gray, Kraft + White"; Celebrate the Occasion #94 "Boy's Birthday (Must Use Blue) and Divas by Design "Anything Goes".













And here it is:


I'm using up some scrap strips that literally fell out of Crate Paper's "Toy Box" 6x6 pad. For the background I Swiss Dotted some navy SC.


The image is from WaltzingMouse's "Half Pint Heroes", stamped in Memento Black and coloured with SN markers in gray tones. After fussy cutting the image I popped it up on some die-cut CS. I used Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals on navy and white CS.



 For embellishments, I used some blue and white twine and a button. 

Here's the inside... little fishies.

That's all for today, folks! I'm off to bed, it's been a long, hard day! Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget my GIVEAWAY. You still have a few more days to join in the fun. See ya soon!

Beijinhos!



15 comments:

  1. This is a great boy b'day card!! Diving or surfing in the cold??? Brrr!! But I admit I do love playing in snow!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful boy's card Asha. Love your choice of image and sentiment. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. where are you matey??
    My favorite part of this card is the centre-it is so adorable!
    I'm with you on the hot water bottle-too cold here for going anywhere near water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Asha, Happy Birthday to your boy, I am sure he will love his card! thanks for sharing you card with us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fun card - love the sketch and your take! Love that image and colour combo. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a wonderful use of that sketch, Asha! Perfect image for someone who loves diving and surfing. Great inside design, too, with those fun little fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 cute!! Thanks for joining us this week at Celebrate the Occasion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least the long hard day is over...I hope the next day was better! Hate those grumpy days. Also, those people sound a little nutty ;) I'm with you - warm & cozy inside! I absolutely love this little submarine guy, and it sounds perfect for someone in that crazy family, lol! So glad to have you with us at TMS again, Asha :) Sending WEEKEND vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha I love that WM image. Thank you so much fro sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable Asha! That little guy in his sub is too cute and they are great colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card!! Love the image and embossing and the inside :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun details inside and out, I just love the images and the wonderful pop of yellow! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Boy's Birthday (must use blue)" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling card! I love that cute image:) Thanks for playing at the ColourQ with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...