Wednesday, 30 January 2013

An Easter Bunny

Hello my friends! Having a good day? Hope so. My tail is mending and by that I mean the pain isn't affecting my sunny disposition as much as it did last week. Everybody is happy about that, especially my dear Conan.

This is a quick post because Rosie is starting her first cycle of chemo today and I need time to fret and worry, as I always do before such sessions. Of course Rosie has chosen to assuage her anxiety with a 4-hour nap. Ignorance is indeed bliss!

Now on to today's card. I found myself making another Easter card and this one's for Zara, our god-child. Since the beginning of the year she's taken to dressing and hopping like a bunny. (Last Christmas, she was a songstress. You can read about that ear-piercing story HERE). In a couple of months Zara will be hoppin' about with this bunny:


The patterned papers are from First Edition's Spring Feast 8x8 pad and the image is a digi stamp called Babette the Bunny by Robyn's Fetish. 

I coloured Babette with my SN markers, then cut and layered her using Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Lacy Ovals dies. Some sheer ribbon and a bow to finish. 


Here's a close-up of the Babette. Isn't she adorable?!


On the inside I stuck a little flower...She is only three and will appreciate being able to yank something off the card without upsetting her Mama!  

The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #183 and the colours are from Colour Throwdown #227. (I had to add a little red and turquoise in the image...hope that's ok.) Other challenges: Inkspirational #5, Tuesday Alchemy #49 and Die Cutting Divas #100 - "Anything Goes"; Melonheadz Friends #1 "Use a Digi" ; Sparkles Forum #40 "Die Cuts and Flowers"; Flutterby Wednesday #225 "Butterfly or Fairy" and My Time to Craft "Things with Wings".


A final piece of news to share.... Manuela, winner of my blog candy, received her stash and she is over the moon about it. Read all about it HERE. She's a fab crafter and her wood work is beyond amazing!

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to wake up the sleeping cutie and take her to the vet. Ta for now!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Banana walnut muffin, coffee and



30 comments:

  1. Sara will love this! Babette sure is adorable! And such gorgeous cheery colours. Thinking of you and Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Asha! Love the soft papers and the sweet image! Hope all goes well at the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card with a lovely bunny....great colouring...thanks for sharing with Melonheadz Friends...hope to see you next time again!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful! The image is really cute and your pastel color palette looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are ahead of the game Asha...Easter lol. But I do love it and can just picture your little godchild hopping around lol. Hope the vet visit went well and you aren't too stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet!Thanks for playing along with us at DCD!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the sketch with this adorable image and awesome card. Love it!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great color choices for Easter! That image is so cute and I love your stitching details. So glad you joined us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha, this is just too precious!!! I LOVE that darling bunny and I adore your soft and subtle color palette! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational. :)

    PS: A gentle reminder that in order to be considered/chosen for a Top 5 slot at Inkspirational, you must use our challenge picture in your entry post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, where is the year going, Easter is coming. This bunny is so cute and adorable, beautiful pastels. Can I have one of those eggs.
    Sending hugs of well wishes
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute bunny - I love your choice of papers, they are wonderful. Have a great rest of the week, and take it easy! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo cute!!
    I hope you feel all better soon!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha-missed earlier that you had entered this at Inkspirational-thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation, love the image & the soft pastel colours!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week & Sparkles monthly, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Asha, what a lovely sunny easter card it will be here before you know it, hope Rosie is ok after her treatment.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable, Asha! Fab coloring and I know your God-daughter is going to love it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asha your card is just absolutely adorable! The soft colors and that sweet bunny are perfect and I am sure your little Zara is going to love it! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my word, such a pretty card Asha, the image is adorable! I love the inside too!
    Hope all goes well with Rosie.
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet, adorable card! Love the pattern papers, and you have colores Babette gorgeously :)I hope Rosie is doing ok after chemo. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week, hope you join us again soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely card

    Thankyou for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges - hope to see you again soon and good luck in the draw

    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet card and wonderful image, reminds me of spring...which is too far away in my opinion! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.
      :Dxx

      Delete
  23. So cute Asha! Makes me long for spring. Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational this week Asha. That image is so cute and it's nice to see some Easter cards showing up already.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card!

    Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Sparkles

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute Easter bunny and a beautiful card!

    Thank you for participating in the first challenge at Melonheadz Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is sooo cute...the little bunny is adorable!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...