Sunday, 27 January 2013

Black, White & Read All Over

Welcome to another Eclectic Ellapu challenge, my friends. The talented Dawn from the Pink Team (go Pinkies!) has come up with a very interesting test for you. Apparently, she's a firm believer that challenge is only fun if it pushes you into doing something outside of your comfort zone. So, drop your knitting needles and create something "Black & White and Read All Over". 

Ooooh... she's a crafty one, our Dawn! Instead of leaving it at "Black and White" (easy peasy), she wants you to bring it home with TEXT. Are you up for it? I don't see why not. Use a script background, or make your own with small sentiments, or use newspaper, or pages from a book ...anything a bunch of letters. We can all do monochromatic, but let's take it a little further and make it...well, challenging!

If you're stuck, take a spin around the rest of the DT's blog and be inspired. Here's my simple creation:


I'm using bits of scrap patterned paper from Papermania's Liquorice and Sherbet collection.  I made the text background by stamping repeatedly 2 little sentiments from WMS Say It Loud set: "my friend" and "you make all the difference". 


The greeting is from WMS Fancy Phrases, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, then cut and layered with the aid of Spellbinders dies. Then I popped it up with foam tape.  I cut and layered the corner quarter circle with Spellbinders Standard Circle and Heart Circle dies. Finally, I adhered 3 pearls on top left hand corner and tied it all up with some Black and White Doodlebug twine.  


On the inside, I stamped a little sentiment from WMS Say It Loud... and I'm done! 


Are you ready to play? Go on..you know you want to. I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs, so ink up your stamps!

Thanks for stopping and I'll see you soon...real soon! ;-)

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Chocolate walnut brownie... oh yum ... and

22 comments:

  1. Love the black and white, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Asha, Fabulous design & papers... Love that circle... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend, this is a funky challenge and it is cool the way you repeated the sentiment-I thought it was just one big stamp-you fooled me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha - you have made black and white really pretty - so interesting to see the different takes on the challenge. Gorgeous card and love the inside too! Have a lovely week, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha stunning as usual hun. Pleased you an Eclectic. Just love the way tis has come together and love the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Asha - this is stunning. I love the background what a great idea!. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Asha, this may be simple but, it's beautiful. Besides the lovely sentiment, I just love the contrasting papers. Great idea with the doily too! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, Asha! I love the bit of flowery dp you used both outside and inside. The gingham checks were a fabulous choice, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha, this is just fabulous! I love your take on this challenge. So creative!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZER!! This is really stunning!! LOVE the papers and your layout on this!! HUGS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome black, white, and "read" card!!! I like your mix of DPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfully creative!! Love how you did your background - real dedication there :) The B&W gingham check looks fabulous and makes me want to do another card with that and I just love the mix of papers you used - fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mega classy chica! No doubt an awesome challenge and I love the little pun on the words too. :) I thoroughly enjoyed admiring your card. The layout and papers and shapes with the twine, all so wonderful together. I think you've done aces on this challenge. :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Black and White card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card!!! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, I love the black and white. I found this on MIM and had to come have a closer look. Karal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the black and white! Saw it on MIM and came to have a look hugs Craftin' Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this creation ,the B/W is so elegant and classy
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Asha Popped by from MIM to see your Beautiful card. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fun- love the CAS classy card! Love MIM- so fun to find so many 'new to me' Papercrafters out there in Blogland! I am #65 : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome!! Came by from Make It Monday - feel free to visit me too - I'm #62, 111, 113, and 147 so far... :)
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous card, love the black and white feel! Thanks for playing with us at Shelly's Images!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...