Sunday, 27 January 2013

Christmas Card Club #1: No Patterned Papers

Welcome to my 2nd post for today. When my sweet friend Clare asked me if I'd like to join the Christmas Card Club (CCC) my heart skipped a beat. 40 years on I still get excited when someone says "come play with us". So off I gambolled (yes...I gambol, don't you?!)  to the CCC play pen to meet the rest of the gang. I'll say this - it's an honour to be crafting with such talented and dedicated ladies. Every fortnight each member will take turns to set a theme for our Christmas makes. This week's challenge is set by Carol, who wants us to create a card without patterned papers. Oh boy! That's a tough one for me!  Here's what I've come up with... my first Christmas card for the year:


I might as well kick off Christmas 2013 with traditional colours.  I did some background stamping, instead of  using patterned papers. The Holly and Mistletoe design is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque's Pears and Baubles set.


I embossed a piece of red CS using the Swiss Dots folder and adhered it across my stamped background.  The focal image is from CB's Christmas Cheer set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with SN pens. For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle dies. The greeting is also from the same stamp set. For embellies: sheer green bow and 3 red blings. 


For dimension, I popped the focal image on some foam tape.


Continuing the winter foliage theme on the inside, I stamped  another sentiment from the Christmas Cheer set.

Ideas and inspiration for this card came from: Christmas Card Challenge #8 - sketch; Stamping for Pleasure "Rudolph Day Jan 25"; Christmas Card All Year 'Round "Christmas" and ABC Christmas Challenge "B for Bow".

Take a look at what the rest of the Christmas Card Clubbies have made: Clare, Carol, Lizzie, Margaret, Hazel, Sylvie, Pinky, Kerry, Lorraine, Dawn, Sue C, Deb, Zoe, Sue W and Karen.   (clubbie? if it's not a real word it should be!)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed Sunday, y'all!



Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Carrot cake and





25 comments:

  1. Great layout and good colour-scheme. I love that you decorated the inside too - something I'm not so good at remembering!

    Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it Asha...that stamp is lovely and I really like the sentiment stamp inside....great to have you with us at the christmas card club..hugs Margaret
    (dutchess CCC )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Asha the stamping is just gorgeous and love the traditional colours you have used. Its a pleasure having you in the club you are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous background stamping - almost had me thinking it was paper there for a second. LOL Totally beautiful card Asha, love it.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha, wow, really beautiful inking, so pretty and you are such a clean stamper! Really beautiful! I can't manage to 'gambol' any more but I do a daft little dance - which I did when Clare invited me lol! hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous card Asha...love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello asher
    Fabulous card and image ....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Asha, your stamped background looks great. Love the traditional colours too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Asha - wonderful stamping and great sentiment on the inside. Congrats on your new DT:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asher
    welcome to our little club, i think your card looks fabulous,fab image, & great design, sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think we need to teach everyone how to spell your name hey Asha!!!!. Welcome to the CCC darlin and wow what a wonderful first card you have brought to us!!!!. I love how you have stamped the background and certainly makes you realise you do not need to use fancy papers. Love the stamps and traditional colours. Big hugs Beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to have you joining us for the CCC and with such a delightful card for Carol's challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Ahsa!! Love the way you've created your background and the take on the sketch! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Embossing, ribbon, pretty image... who needs patterned paper? Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Asha :-) I love the background stamping and embossing, and the image is fab! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. No patterned paper, so you made your own! Looks great and so much like paper. I love that inside stamp and you were only saying last week you couldn't face Xmas cards yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Asha, welcome hun and loving your first CCC card, fab stamping and embossing. I always forget about my embossing folders and it looks great. I'm nearly always late but I did manage to get mine on before midnight!!
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful, Asha, I just might get inspired to actually do a Christmas card before June! lol I love the mistletoe and the holly & berries. Great inside sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Asha..Welcome to CCC...Loving your first card..great idea stamping your own background..
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a hard challenge to defer using patterned paper...You did a great job to make your own! Well placed stamping!

    Love the way you did up the inside of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful crisp card Asha. Great use of textures. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely C&S design.
    Annette
    My blog : Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for ABC Christmas Challenge.
    xx


    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful Christmas card with some beautiful traditional colours, lovely sentiment,
    Thanks for joining our B challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...