Monday, 21 January 2013

Eggs for Easter

Hello, my friends. This is going to be a short post... a very short one because I am in mourning...again. This time it's my BigShot. He died. I killed him... I think. He creaked, groaned and then he expired. Just like that. I don't understand. He was young, not too overworked... maybe some overtime during Christmas but no where near the hours I was putting in. And today, without so much as a goodbye, he stopped.

I'm going to take a moment and reflect on our happy times together. I'll leave you with this week's Mojo offering:

No patterned papers today. I embossed the blue CS using the  "Daisies" folder with my BigShot (RIP). It was his last assignment.

The basket, egg filling and greeting are from WMS "Spring Basket" set. The 3 eggs came from Chocolate Baroque's Butterfly Egg set. To stamp I used Memento Rich Cocoa. I tied a bow with some white and blue twine. 

And popped the entire panel up on foam tape. There's not a stitch on my card.... I couldn't do it, not today. 

The sentiment is by WMS. Could bear to throw away the spare egg that I stamped so I found a place for it inside. 

The sketch is from MojoMonday #277 and the colours are from 2 Sisters #127 "Brown, White and Blue". I'm also playing with Gem of a Challenge #63 "Emboss It".














I hope your day is better than mine. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow with some special news! Woohoo! (I'm a silver lining kinda gal!)

Beijinhos!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, first Easter card I have seen this year. And it is so cute. Love the 3 eggs on the side. Nice card.
    txjennywren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh is there no hope of resuscitation at all? Warranty?? Love your card. Fun post! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss Asha. I swear chick you should be a stand up comedian!!!!. I must admit when I first started reading my stomach did a somersault thinking BigShot was one of your furbabies!!!. How long have you had it for hun??? that's bad if you haven't had it for long. I have a spare Cuttlebug machine that I can send you honey???. Email me if it will help honey and I will post it off. I love your gorgeous Easter card and is the first one I have seen for the year. Love & hugs my lovely friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's cute! Terrific color combinations, love the sentiment and that baker's twine looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP the Big Shot!!! Such precious things our crafty items!! LOL - great post Asha. Love the card. TFS and can't wait to hear your silver lining:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy eggs-how much chocolate did you eat whilst making this!
    And you had better get shopping now Big Shot had departed. Think my camera is about to go-what new one did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card card. The lovely colour combination gives the card a feeling of calm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with those colors, Asha! Love this card. Big Shots -- ah, yes. Mine is still working but he seriously has a screw loose. I do what I can to keep it tightened down but I think he must have striped a gear somewhere. Still, as long as he doesn't fly off the handle (where the screw is loose), I manage to keep him working. Of course, he IS old and has worked hard his entire life, often being overloaded with jobs to accomplish. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I love that colour combo! I LOVE all embossing (I'm having a moment of silence for your Big Shot!) and that's a great sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...