Friday, 25 January 2013

Friday Confessional and a song

Woohoo! It's Friday! I'm soooo glad the week is over. It's been quite a painful week for me. It began with the demise of my BigShot on Monday and it was downhill all the way.

On Tuesday evening, I slipped on some ice just outside our front door and fell flat on my bony "#*$ .... behind. At the time I was a lot more descriptive about the location and the ensuing agony, but since this is a family channel I'll just say this: "Ouch!" However, I was more concerned that someone might have seen my failed triple Salchow, so pretending all was fine I hobbled back inside and hoped the next day I'd be nimble and graceful again.  No such luck, so off we went to the doctor for a couple of x-rays, pain meds and a donut pillow. (The medicine man called it a coccyx cushion, I prefer donut, glazed with sprinkles). Life is now considerably more comfortable for me ... the husband ... the dogs ... and everyone within yelling distance.

So what does any of this got to do with today's card? Absolutely nothing! But it makes a good reason story excuse for missing my friend's birthday. Worth a try, no?


The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection Aqua and Verde.


Not too much dimension on the card: just some foam tape on the greeting and some purple bling at 2 opposite corners.


I used all but the smallest the die in the Spellbinders Labels 4 set for layering. The greeting is from WMS Fancy Phrases, stamped with Brilliance  Cottage Ivy. I inked the edges with TH Peeled Paint and applied Crystal Stickles. Some flat flowers and twine by Doodlebug.


Plenty of space to spin my yarn about why I missed her birthday!

The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #182  and the colours are from Colour Throwdown #226. Also playing with Tip Top Tuesday #94 "Lavishly Luscious Layers"Moving Along with the Times "Bling It On"; Aud Sentiments Challenge "Imspirational Bingo": Die cut- "Happy"- Flowers; and Papertake Weekly "Tie Up Your Loose Ends".












Before I go, just want to share with you with a YouTube video my dear Conan (not-such-a-Barbarian-today) showed me as I lay in bed with a painful posterior and grumpy from my hair-line fracture. "It's good to remember how blessed we really are and to think about what we can and should do for the less fortunate", he says. (Why doesn't he show me these "reminders" when I'm not so cranky?!)

Thanks for dropping in and enjoy your Friday, my friends!

Beijinhos!


Leeland and Brandon Heath - "Follow You"




22 comments:

  1. Asha, so sorry to hear you took a fall. I do hope you are feeling better! Your belated birthday card is striking and love your interpretation of the sketch & color challenge. Your friend will love this card. :) Have a restful weekend, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooppps - bet that hurts - hope you heal soon and that pain lessens. Your card is beautiful - lovely diecutting - your friend will understand. They say things go wrong in threes - well you've had your three over and done with - so wishing you lots of good things from now on. Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I feel your pain!
    I love the way you layered your die cuts. Just gorgeous and the colors are scrumptious.
    Thank you for playing with us at MAWTT!!!
    Riette (Red, DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, gorgeous card! I love the purple and green together, it's ingenious!

    Secondly, if anyone saw you fall (hence your embarrassment), they should be ashamed of themselves for not coming to help you, they are the ones who should be embarrassed. But I'm a half full kind of girl who assumes that no one saw you fall because no one came running.

    Hope you feel better, and if I could, I'd send you a dozen glazed donuts with extra sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - love the colours and the papers and how gorgeous is the inside. TFS

    Ouch - I hope you heal quickly - it really is a very delicate little bone and you need to be careful. Keep them on their toes - I can send a little bell for you if you like:-) Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your fall! I hope you are taking it easy, and feeling better now!

    I love the way the dies are layered! This card is beautiful, inside and out! Thanks for joining us again at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch!! Sorry for your fall!! I think ice is the hardest (and most painful!) surface in all the world to fall on!! Take it easy!!

    Yes, that's a good excuse for missing a birthday!! Your card is beautiful!! I like how you cut the die cut in half for that sketch element!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! Poor you Asha, sounds like your pride was hurt too lol. Hopefully you will mend very quickly though:( Love your gorgeous card. I am sure when the recipient receives it she won't mind it being late.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Asha! I love the way you've layered up the sentiment and the pretty paper… the subtle glitter, flowers and crystals are just perfect! :-)
    Sorry to hear about your fall... it sounds painful... I hope you start to feel better very soon!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck in the challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an inspiration...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-24.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch !! What a week - bet you'll be glad to see the weekend here :) Nice card - even with your terrible week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I do appreciate the support. I do love this card, I think using all of the sizes of the spellbinders is brilliant. I normally only use 2 and that is it. Your card is just perfect. So sorry about your fall and I hope that it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, Asha! I'm so sorry :(. Hope you're feeling better soon. I've missed a few if your posts I know but wanted to let u know I'm thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh for cryin' out loud..that's horrible!! I believe I would have proclaimed the same thing, only loud enough for the entire neighborhood to hear. You've carried yourself with great dignity..LOL, except for the slipping part. ;)
    I hear that butt doughnut pillows work wonders and the meds are nice perk too.
    Your belated birthday card is tops and I think you should be excused for tardiness on this one!
    Thank you so much for entering in our layers challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. pięknie, no po prostu uroczo..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful use of the dies to create the sketch. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is a super creation, Oh Im so sorry for your pain with the fall, Im sore too as a ditch hid from me yesterday and then i landed in the bottom of it, hope you are on the mend now, Thanks for sharing with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow what a touching video, makes you think!
    And what are you like! How is the a###??
    So the card is belated but you have a good excuse-sorry, reason!-and it is lovely so I am sure you will be forgiven x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Asha. First off, sorry about your Big Shot and your bum. I hope you're OK. Lovely birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a horrible week for you! I hope it gets better. Your card is lovely. Thanks for joining us in our Bingo challenge at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely birthday card, hopefully you're having a better week. Thanks for joining the Luscious Layers Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...