Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Helloooo!

Gooood morning, dear friends! Yesterday, I mentioned that I had some good news....well here it is! I'm on the Tuesday Throwdown Design Team... I can scarcely believe it myself, but it's true. These über- talented ladies have admitted lil' ol' me into their fold. And today I get to show you my very first project for the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. I'm so excited I'm doing cartwheels... in my head. It's the safest way for someone like me. Following a series of January misfortunes (camera, Turtle Joe and most recently my BigShot), any sudden movements and I might inadvertently kill my computer too!

Over at Tuesday Throwdown, the theme for the week is "Furry Friends" - and that is right up my alley!  I'm showcasing a darling tubby tabby by MelJen's Designs,  purrfect for a dear friend's birthday!   


I made a square card measuring 5-1/2".  The patterned papers are by My Mind's Eye "Pretty Please".  I just love the big blooms ... so very spring, makes my heart sing!

Here's a closer look at the digi by MelJen's Design. Kitty-Kitty is sooo cute, I had to give her rosy cheeks. I coloured the digi with SN markers. The greeting is from WaltzingMouse's Compact Sentiments set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.

I cut and layered the digi  and the greeting using Spellbinders Classic Circles and Scallop Circle dies, popped them up with foam tape and tied a bow with some baker's twine. Wanted to keep the embellies to a minimum because the star of the show is Miss Tabby!

 This is going to be a birthday card and so when I send it off I'll add "....on your birthday". I think my sweet friend will love it!

All you have to do now is link up your furry friend over at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #131 and show us what cuddly creature makes your heart melt. Swing by the rest of the design team and be inspired by their cuddly creations. I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs. 

If you are looking for FREE (yay!) kitty fonts and sentiments for your feline projects, then look no further because Lisa of Decosse's Dynamite Doodles will having purring with pleasure with what she's created. Head on over to Decosse's Dynamite Doodles Follower Freebies 26 &27: Cat Sentiments and have fun with some adorable kitty chatter.   


Thanks for stopping by and we'll catch up real soon!

Beijinhos! 


25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Asha. Such a cute kitty and a lovely background.
    Sorry to hear you've had more misfortunes but as they normally come in 3s, you should hopefully be safe now. Fingers crossed!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrfectly lovely card. Cute image and I love your background paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard!!! Hope you streak of bad luck is now over ;) Awesome card. I really love how you have finished the inside of it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool kitty - love the design and fabulous papers. Congrats on your new DT Asha - so deserved. Have a fab rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Love the kitty and stitching. I can never get my stitching that straight. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahsa, this is sooo sweet!! I just love those colorful floral papers and your coloring is amazing!! :) Great job! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Welcome to the group teamie!! :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the DT position Asha, love your card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, Asha! Great design with the adorable image! Congrats on your new DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just too precious, Asha! Fantastic job coloring that adorable little feline, and I love the sentiment inside. Welcome aboard at Tuesday Throwdown. We're pretty thrilled to have you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Asha - delighted for you and looking forward to more of your fabulous creations. Gorgeous card! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Asha!! Looks like we have similar taste fellow "Newbie", love that kitty cat image!!
    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightfully cute card! I love the kitty image and the beautiful papers you used. Glad you joined us at Created With Love Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card. Love your kitty. Great coloring and love your choice of papers.
    thanks for playing along with us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie Asha, coloured beautifully and I so love the sentiment inside. No way am I showing my hairdo off lol, I have the thinnest hair on the planet!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh. That cat is absolutely adorable. I got my first giggle in for the day. Thanks for that!

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWwww...adorable kitty!!! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the DT!!!!
    This is so cute!! Meljen's kitty images are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrars on the DT my friend! Cute kitty , looks like he has been eating your chocs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty. The cat is adorable. I just love your coloring and the overall layout. So sorry about your camera, turtle and Bigshot. Welcome to the TT team!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This must be the cutest kitty on the block and you have coloured him so beautifully Asha. Fabulous design, papers and stitched detail.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week, good luck.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card teamie - I love those papers!

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely card Asha. Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely cute card hun i love it! thanks for playing with us at Creative Creations Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is very cute! I like the flowers echoing your paper! Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...