Monday, 14 January 2013

Easter in January


It's Monday and I've got the blues... Another busy and difficult day...let's just say it was an auspicious start to the week. I wonder what excitement awaits me on Friday. For now, I want to show you my Mojo card...something I look forward to every week. I made my first Easter card for this year. Trust me it's not too soon. Easter falls on 31 March about 10 weeks away!!! Let the panic begin!

The sketch for my card is from MojoMonday #276 (where else?!) and the colours are form CR8FN#70 "Aqua, Tan Light Yellow".













And this is what I've come up with:

I've used Wild Rose Studio papers: "Vintage Rose" 6x6 pad-


The egg is from Chocolate Baroque's Butterfly Egg stamp set. I stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa, coloured with SN markers (TB2, BT1, BT2, CT1, CT3) and applied some Stickles (Crystal and Diamond) on the butterflies and the swirls. 


After fussy cutting the egg, I popped it up on some light yellow and tan CS. I used Spellbinders Teardrop Circle and Standard Cirle dies to do the job.  


The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's "Easter Traditions" set and used Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags 2 to cut out the CS. Two pale yellow blings complete that job. Finally some grosgrain ribbon and I called it a day.


Here's the inside - simple with room for me to scribble.

I'm also playing with Come and Get It "Tie a Ribbon Around It".



R.I.P. Turtle Joe

Before I leave I want to thank you for the thoughtful comments and emails on Turtle Joe's passing. He was funny guy, but a constant presence in our lives. His home was a little pond at the bottom of our garden where he held court for 8 - 9 months of the year. Every winter he brumates (the correct term for reptile hibernation) at the bottom of the pond and there has never been any problems. He emerges in the spring and begins surveying his kingdom. This year, he floated to the surface way ahead of schedule. It was heartbreaking. The vet can't say for sure what happened (without opening him up) but it is most likely respiratory distress or an infection. Brumation is risky business. We said goodnight to Joe in late October 2012 . I never expected it to be good bye. He was approximately 27 years old.

Here are a few pics of our beloved tetchy turtle:

Here he is scooting about the garden...and he's quite fast too!

Joe doesn't like being in a tank. It cramps his style but necessary while we do his housekeeping.  

He would crawl up next to Xiara and make her jump. He does that all the time, the little rascal!
We laid him to rest near her.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you in a few days. Enjoy your Monday.

Beijinhos!



19 comments:

  1. Awww babes you made me cry, especially with the photo with little Xiara as well. Jo was a mighty fine turtle and he has had an amazing 27 years with you darlin. It is so heartbreaking losing a pet as I know, like me they are treated like our children not as our pet. Jo is now with Xiara at Rainbow Bridge and together they will be waiting till the time you meet up with them again. Can I just say what a beautiful coat Xiara has. Female gingies are quite rare too so she was a very special little girl in more ways than one. You know where I am if you need to talk angel, always here for my lovely friend. Your card is beautiful by the way. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Asha that meets criteria for both challenges so perfectly. I'm sorry about Joe - I had never heard that term before. 27 years is a long time - I'm sure you will miss him. I hope that your week improves for you. Keep you heart up sweetie, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about joe :( your card is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card inside and out! Those butterflies look amazing! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :) I'm sorry about your turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an elegant card - I love the colour combo and that stamp is amazing. So sorry about your turtle. Big Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful!! I love the colours you used and that stamp is gorgeous!!
    I hope this week is a better week for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easter so soon, I hadn't realised!
    Love this Egg with the shimmery butterflies. The chocolate mix of papers really is you......were you eating cake when you made this?
    Great pictures of Turtle Joe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me too well, my friend!

      Delete
  8. Oh no - not Easter coming already! Mind you - it's a very lovely card! Lovely chocolate and blue with the yellow and perfect stitching. I'm very sorry you lost poor Joe! I'm sure he is now in turtle heaven. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Asha, love the butterflies and your fussy cut egg. Can't believe Easter is 10 weeks away. :(
    So sorry to hear of Joe's passing but he was lucky to have you in his life. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your Easter card is just lovely - so very pretty! I do like the butterflies on the Easter egg. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful - love the soft and pretty colour combo and the flutterbies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha, sorry about Joe. My husbands rescues those all the time in the road. Pretty card! LOVE the shimmery butterflies and your design! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful. I love the sparkle on the butterflies. Thanks for playing along this week at Come and Get It Challenges.
    Karal GDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Beautiful soft colours those butterflies are divine...
    So sorry to hear about Joe, he was such a handsome boy!!
    Today I got the most BEAUTIFUL Christmas card pop through my letter box... Thank you so much Asha.. It is Gorgeous!!

    Big Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your beautiful Easter card! The butterflies and egg are so elegant. Thanks for playing with us at CR84FN!
    And I am SO sorry about your turtle. I have 3 cats and 1 dog who are my babies! Animals give us so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautifully elegant card Asha, and sorry to hear you lost your pet turtle.
    Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card! The butterflies look fab with the flourishes and BG color!! Aww...the turtle (Joe)...I would miss him too! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...