Thursday, 24 January 2013

Love birds

Happy Thursday, my friends! Just popping in to share with you a card I made for a sweet young couple who announced their engagement last week. (When I say young... I mean relative to, say, someone in the wrong side of 40). I wanted to make a card for them but I just could not find the perfect image or sentiment...until yesterday. And suddenly, it all came together in way that describes their love for each other, their hopes and dreams for their future and their steadfast faith in God. He delivers every time... Amen!


I'm using papers from Papermania's Rose Garden 6x6 pad... it's pre-historic.  Didn't want to clutter the card so I added the embellishments, sparingly: sheer pink bow, pink twine, some pearls and cream lace.

I just LOVE this digi by Sweet and Sassy. It's called Birds and Roses and what a joy to colour with my SN markers. (I've included a link for you to take a peek). 

I cut and layered the image with the aid of Spellbinders Standard Circles and Heart Circles dies.

And on the inside - the perfect sentiment and blessing to start a new life together.  I'm not their Mama and I've giddy with excitement!  


The sentiment is from WordArt Wednesday #64 "Anything Goes" and for inspiration I turned to The Shabby Tea Room #150 "Just Pretty". I'm playing with Sugar Hollow Creek #45 "Tic Tac Toe":Lace-Ribbon-Pearls, Digi Stamps 4 Joy #59 "Anything Goes" and Digital Tuesday Challenge #194 "Favourite Colour Combo".

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and I'm so glad I could share this with you. Have  great day and we'll catch up later!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Chocolate eclairs...2.  (oops!)

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Asha! I love the soft papers and the pretty diecuts! The image is lovely and beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Asha, I love the colours and that beautiful image. And wow!!! the inside is gorgeous! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning card beautiful colours and image thank you for joining us at digital Tuesday linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely! That hearts die is lovely.

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful, my eyes just rest on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Asha and the recipients are sure to be thrilled with it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely GORGEOUS use of the word art, and that sweet die-cut doily underneaath is just beautiful. Every sweet element is just divine. Thanks so much for sharing with us in this week's challenge. Each time you come by and share with us is SUCH a blessing, and I'm so incredibly grateful for the art you share. May God bless you and make His face to shine on you. THanks for sharing!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its really gorgeous Asha. Love that heart frame and gorgeous papers. The sentiment inside is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha
    Thank you very much for the lovely comment you left me. Very much appreciated!
    WOW to your card! I absolutely love it! All the elements you used are brilliant. I also adore the image you used as well.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha, this is so dreamy, love the digi and the gorgeous sentiment. Your colouring is, of course, so good, I know I am a CAS lover but when I see your cards like this I just love all the girly bits. I actually made a card with a ribbon and bow today (took me about an hour to do the bow!). I will post it soon-no laughing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card.
    Thanks for join us at DigiStamps4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha,
    Two love birds ready to start building thier nest, but first the wedding (flowers). The picture is great, the heart die cut doily is really nice but the lace, twine and ribbon really speak volumes.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sooo pretty and in my favorite color scheme...i just love pink...so happy to see your amazing work this week at sch...
    lizzi

    ReplyDelete
  15. prześliczna praca, strasznie mi się podoba..

    ReplyDelete
  16. very lovely card and lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha, You've used one of my favorite images ever! Gorgeous coloring and I love the die cuts you chose to layer together. This is beautiful and I know they'll love it. I've been debating that Heart Circle set but your card has convinced me to go ahead and get it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a pretty card, love the subtle pink colouring so glad you joined us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, and made with such love! The sentiment is perfect for a young couple just starting out on their life's journey together. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty! Great job! Thanks for playing at DTC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so beautifully designed. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my goodness. This is just gorgeous. The colors are amazing and the design is so elegant. Really lovely. Thank you for sharing with us this week for our Word Art Wednesday challenge. We love having you share your inspirations there. Beautiful work!
    Diane
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...