Thursday, 3 January 2013

Love U

Hello, my friends. Looks like we made it into the new year. The world didn't end, we're still standing, most of us are already back to work and ...sigh... my camera died. It was a birthday gift from Conan, so I'm not a happy bunny. He's promised me a replacement trinket and until then I'll use my phone to take photos for the blog and burden you with grainy pictures,

I'm kicking the year off with a simple card, with a big message. The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #179 and for colours, I've turned to The Shabby Tea Room #147 "Monogram Madness". A couple of other challenges: Simon Says Stamp & Show "Totally Mad No Rules Tea Party" and There She Goes #188 "Sponging With Die Cuts".




My card looks like this:


The patterned papers are from First Edition's 8x8 pad. Just a single layer. The letter "U"  came from WMS Victorian Alphabet set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa.

The stamp is by Nit Wits and I coloured him with SN markers. Then I fussy cut him and the flowers and adhered them all flat onto the die cut layer. For that I used Spellbinder's Labels 23 and sponged the cream CS with Tim Holtz's Antique Linen. 

Look! Flat as  pancake! No pop dots.


On the inside, I kept it super simple, i.e. empty! 

This is CAS my way and I know the purists will disagree. Have a great day my friends. I'm off to look at new cameras and hopefully will have a new toy to play with by next week. Thanks for dropping in and I'll see you tomorrow!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Chocolate eclair, coffee and

9 comments:

  1. A super card Asha - love the paper and the image is so cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Asha does CAS! Well it is pretty much CAS. I love the sweet bunny and the little stitched flowers. And you took it with a phone- I can' t take photos this good with my camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card. It is lovely in its simplicity. Well done. Thank you for joining us at TMS this week. So glad the sketch was inspirational for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute!! I love that you made the sketch square! Fun image and DPs!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO sweet! Love the paper you've used as background too. Thanks for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bunny is adorable and love the design of this card. :) Sorry about your camera but hopefully you'll have a new one soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Asha. Happy New Year! The card is adorable, that bunny is so sweet. Sorry to hear about your camera. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for sharing your pretty card with us in The Tea Room. Very cute image!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...