Monday, 28 January 2013

Easter Mojo

Hellooo, my crafty friends! It's Monday and the start of the last week of January. It has been a jam-packed month of mostly downs for me - all neatly chronicled on my crafting blog. Yep, it's the most appropriate forum to announce personal and mechanical tragedies.  I have been informed that bad luck comes in threes but I, being a lucky so-and-so, bagged the bonus calamity as well. We still have a few more days. I wonder what exciting treats the Universe has in store for me.

In the meantime, I'm going to play my much loved Mojo Monday and, fingers crossed, I won't break anything. This week's Sketch #278 is all about choice: round or square. I'm in a square mood. I'm also living dangerously by playing with The Squirrel and The Fox #36 "Something New": my new CB stamp; Joanna Sheen "3-2-1"; Sweet Stamping "Ribbon"; A Gem of a Challenge #64 "Holidays": Easter; Sugar Creek #46 "Lots of Layers"; Word Play Saturday "Anything" and Come and Get It "TicTacToe": Glitter-Free-Riccon. My card looks like this:

My card measures 5"x5" and I'm using papers from Basic Grey's Sweet Threads 6x6 pad.  The sentiment reads : "Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life". ... love it!

Here's the stamped image from my latest acquisition: Chocolate Baroque "Easter Traditions" stamp set. I coloured it with SN markers and traced along the tendrils with a Sakura Glitter pen which, sadly, is not showing up in the pic. IRL the effect is actually quite pretty. 

Then I layered the image on Nestabilities Fleur de Lis Square. To finish, some ribbon and 2 pink blings on either corner  of the sentiment.


On the inside I  stamped a greeting from WMS Spring Baskets set.

So that's it from me today. I'm late posting because I had to take Rosie to the vet this evening. We're starting chemo on Wednesday and need a check-up and blood-work to make sure she's fit to start the treatment. The mass removed form her ear just before Christmas last year turned out to be malignant - just our luck! But we're soldiering on....

Before I sign off, here's a warm welcome to my newest followers:

Anne (Wicked Witch) of Wicked Designs
Susan Dube of Susan's Crafting Beach Hut
Leeanne M of Paper Doll's Creations
Sally Dube of Sally's Window of Scraps
Carol Gill of Crafty-Stamper

Thanks for stopping by and we'll catch up again real soon. TTFN!

Beijinhos!

Blogged to:
Apple Turnover and 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the papers and the pretty image! Wonderful design! So sorry about Rosie's diagnosis. Hope all goes well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stitching-yeh! I really like that frame and the creamy colour-not the kind of thing I normally go for but this really attracts me....mmm is CAS leaving me???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful, Asha! I love the stamp and the layout is great. The finished inside is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW - gorgeous card Asha, love the flower design and the colours, papers and love how you did the extra 3 points of ribbon. Fabulous and elegant. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Asha! What a great way to use that sketch. Such a wonderful stamp and your color combo is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is gorgeous Asha! what a beautiful image and sentiment! I love the pretty papers and the stitching looks fab! and the ribbon finishes it off perfectly!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty and colored beautifully. Thanks for playing Tic-Tac-Toe with us at Come and Get It.
    Karal GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful inside and out!! I love the papers and colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a soft and very pretty Easter card and I love how thoroughly you've even decorated the inside. Thanks so much for playing along at AGOAC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card! Loving the design, gorgeous colors too!
    Thanks for playing along in my word play saturday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, lovely image and your stitching looks fab....Thanks for joining us Joanna Sheen Challenge.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. I love the little green pieces at the bottom of the main image. Thanks for playing in the Sugar Creek Hollow Vintage Lots of Layers challenge! See you again soon. Renee

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...