Sunday, 13 January 2013

Dotty About You!

Wow! It's time for another Eclectic Ellapu challenge. Last week's challenge was nothing short of amazing and we're doing it again... yay! This week it's Challenge #12 and our hostess is the lovely Laurian, from the Pink Team. She wants us to get crafty with her recipe:

1 die cut, 
2 patterned papers, 
3 embellishments and ribbon.  

How easy is that? I decided to make a "love you" card that will work on Valentine's Day as well as any other day of the year. Armed with Laurian's recipe, I cooked up this litte fare.


The 2 patterned papers are from First Edition's "Love Letters" 8x8 pad. 
There are so many mouthwatering papers in this collection.

Embellishments are the 3 card candis. The ribbon is a pink,  dotty and sheer. I also made a pouffy  bow. 


The greeting is by Craftworks, stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa. I adhered 3 card candis  on each "o". My die-cut element is the pink CS cut using Spellbinders Labels 16.  I also used foam tape to prop it up. 


On the inside, I kept it plain so that the card can be used anytime during the year.

I'm also playing with Totally Gorjuss #166 "Spotty"; WordPlay Saturday #1 "Anything" , Alphabet Challenge "X Marks the Spot - Spots & Stripes" and Make It Monday #124.

Now it's your turn. This is a super simple recipe... almost as easy as boiling an egg. And if you need more inspiration, just take a peek at the scrumptious spread the rest of the DT members have dished out. After that make your own and share it with us. I can't wait to see your creations.

Thanks to stopping by today and we'll catch up soon!

Beijinhos!

Blogged to:

28 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Asha - love that big pink bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so delightful, Asha. Great striped paper and I love that gorgeous polka dot ribbon for the bow! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this card Asha, that bow is fabulous as is the clever sentiment!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, so pretty in pink, congrats on your DT news.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and as I have already said perfect for valentines. Fab as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty!! I love the soft shades of the DP! That ribbon and big bow are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very dotty!! A beautiful and fun card.

    Thanks for marking the spot with us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Love the design.. the stitching, ribbon, colours Great use of the candi!! Beautiful inside & out... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfection and I would say kinda CAS. I just love that ribbon and those brads! I really have to get using that dotted ribbon you sent me, I love it but it hasn't been used yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh this is a very very pretty card Asha. Love all the papers and patterns. That ribbon is the icing on the cake. Have a lovely week. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card. Loving the colors, and a really beautiful sketch too! Thanks so much for sharing at word play saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is beautiful darl. I love the heart candy!!!!. The paper's are lush and love the ribbon too. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card..

    Thank you for joining in with my challenge theme at Alphabet challenges

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the composition and construction! Your project has such a crisp and clean look about it. Visually very interesting! Very nicely done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just crazy about polka dots! This CAS card is just beautiful! Sorry to hear of Turtle Joe's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card! I love the colours! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh lovely card I love the way you have played the spotty theme through the words too! Great to see you at Totally Gorjuss this week, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card, love the design and the fab sentiment! Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute Valentines Asha - love the heart brads! Came via MIM.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely card with great contrasts between the lines in the background, your button circles, and the triangles inside of them Visiting from MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Asha

    Absolutely beautiful card! So pretty and feminine. I love the softness of these pretty papers. Great layout.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Asha. Your card is Stunning.. Faye
    Visited from MIM

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw you on MIM (I am #____ hasn't shown up yet) stop by I would
    Love to have you visit.
    This is so sweet, I love the polk a dots
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very pretty card. I like the soft colours,the brads and the pretty bow. Saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty card. Love the ribbon. I saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great design for your choice of sentiment, with spotted paper, ribbon and small candy-like bits. And such a lovely soft pink color scheme too! Hopped over from MIM to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm a big polka dot fan so naturally I fell in love with this card. :) Terrific way to spell out the sentiment and add some pizzazz Asha. Awesome card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...