Wednesday, 16 January 2013

With all our love ... an any-day card

Happy Wednesday! The weekend is almost here ...so "Yay"! The week is moving along nicely, for a change. The weather...well, it's freezing cold. I haven't seen the sun all day, and if we're to believe the weatherman weather person, tomorrow will be no different. Exciting days ahead, folks!

My card today is an Any-day card. I chose neutral colours so that it can be adapted depending on the occasion. Very likely it will end up being a birthday card!  It's good to have a few of these in our stash. The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #181 and I gave it a 180º turn. Colours and ideas of embellishments came for  The Shabby Tea Room #149 "Antique Roses"and include Roses and Ribbon. I'm also taking my card to Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge #241 "Ribbon".














Here's my card:

The patterned paper is from First Edition "Isabelle" 8x8 pad.

I stamped the sentiment on the inside and made a window  in the front.

Top half with mulberry roses and...

... bottom half with 2 sheer ribbons: the broader on in aqua and the thinner one in kraft-ish.

The sentiment is by WMS Fancy Phrases stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.

That's all form me today. I hope you're having a productive day, speaking of which, I'm off to bed in a bit. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you on Friday for a PolkaDoodles challenge. Until then, take care and stay warm!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Almond Tart & 

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you flipped the sketch!! This is gorgeous with that beautiful bow and peeking sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I forgot to say "Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!!" Now I've said it and I think I deserve a Ferrero Rocher, don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully done, Asha! Love that diamond plaid paper and the roses are so magnificently effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha! Guess what....you made the Top 3 last week at Word Art Wednesday. Congratulations!
    Can you please email me so that I can send you your Top 3 blog badge. Thanks so much, and I hope to have you join us again this week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card Asha. love the simple design and soft colours and the ribbon bow looks so lovely.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Asha masterpiece!
    Love that window and yummy blue ribbon. Stay warm my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Asha! I love the soft colors and the delicate ribbons! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Asha, the colours and tones are so delicate and beautiful Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Asha, and I love the sheer ribbons - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Asha - your interpretation of how to combine the two inspiration cards is brilliant. I love the gentleness of this. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty! How do you manage to tie such a perfect bow - just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Asha, I love it! Gorgeous paper & those ribbons...yum! Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card. I love the pretty soft colour and the design

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the colors and the ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love everything about your card!! That paper is gorgeous, and the peek-a-boo word window is so clever! Love seeing your cards shared at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Thanks for playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, what a pretty card, i love how delicate it feels! Thanks for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...